Hello World! My name is Shalay. Remember that name because.... today is the day that you and I become best friends! ( Aren't you excited...I know I am!) Anyway, today is the start of something wonderful. I am going to let you in on the exciting things that are going on in my life. (Hey, if you are not interested, well then it's time to click on another blog!! But, that's crazy talk; of course you are interested! Reality TV has bred us all to be interested in other people's lives!) So, 2 months ago, I found an incredible vocal coach. She seems to think that I have what it takes to make it to the big time-I agree with her. Her name is Debra Robertson. Not only did she go to the Miss America pageant, but she has had successful music career with her sister in Nashville. They sang at the Grand Ole Opry, toured with SheDaisy, and even went and sang to the troops in Iraq. These are only a few of her accomplishments; I am lucky to have found her. The lord works in mysterious ways...you give up hope, but then BAM!! Something hits you like a ton of bricks, and your life is on track again. 

So I am having a dilemma. I would like your opinion on my stage name. I realize to you this may seem like a very minuscule dilemma. In terms of world hunger, it is. To me though, its huge! This is the name that people will have to say over and over. Yes, I did say over and over. You will say my name all the time. You will say Shalay whenever you can. Shalay, Shalay, Shalay! This name should be embedded in your sub-conscience now. ( I am not sure subliminal messages work as well... if you don't have music or something in front of them. I probably just look like a crazy person now......Oh well *shrug*) But wait! I have not officially decided on a name yet. You need to erase your sub-conscience now and help me decide! So growing up, no one could pronounce my name. I think it is easy; it is just Shuh- Lay....others could not grasp this. It was always Shaley, Shayla, Shanae ( I don't even have an N in my name!)or Shahaley. ( How someone got that...i have no idea.) You get the idea. So I have some options for you. I can drop my last name altogether; my first name is hard enough to say already. I can add Silver to it; which is my mother's birth mother's last name. Silver is easy to pronounce...if you can't...it's probably time to start thinking about school again. I could use my first name and middle name. ( Shalay Talia pronounced Shuh-Lay Tal-yah) However, that seems difficult. Or, Shalay Cano, which is my married name. This is probably the most difficult of all of them. I don't think I want to use that. However, I am leaving it up to you. To the left, you will see a question, some circles, and some names next to those circles. Go ahead and let me know what you think. Then we can get this show on the road!!!